We’ve made step by step videos to teach handwriting; these are now available on YouTube.
Our theme this week is team work!
We have an additional singing assembly this week as many of our pupils prepare for the Basingstoke Variety Show. Y5 and Y6 pupils also have a visit from CBEC on Monday at 2pm- parents welcome!
Year 4 pupils visit Ashmolean Museum in Oxford on Tuesday. We also welcome Mr McCabe, the Head Teacher at Aldworth Secondary School.
On Wednesday morning, E Reilly will be inspiring the whole school to become authors. His website is here.
Don’t forget about the phonics workshop on Thursday morning at 9am for 25mins. It’s aimed at Year 3 parents, as well as those who have children who struggle to read.
Miss Dunn will also be sharing with us on Thursday about who our pupils can talk to if they have any worries.
Year 3 end the week on Friday with a trip to Stonehenge!
Finally, look out for important events coming up, including Macmillan Coffee Afternoon, Community Garden & BBQ event, and our Foodbank event for Harvest.
We look forward to seeing as many parents as possible tomorrow morning at 9am! There will be a quick workshop about helping with your child's reading, and then straight into class to do activities with them. Refreshments will be served, and we will finish around 10am.
We introduce our learning behaviours this week, using the amazing paralympians to help us understand them. On Tuesday we also celebrate Roald Dahl day; teachers will be reading part of their favourite RD book to our pupils. We will also choose school councillors on Thursday! Have a great week.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back tomorrow! A few things to remember:
- Have a look on our website for new class names.
- Despite some building work over the summer, you should come to school in the normal way (Kings Furlong Drive or Upper Chestnut Drive). There is no access from Lower Chestnut Drive.
- Please also avoid any bare areas of soil on the field or near paths; they have fresh grass seed on them.
- Start as you mean to go on and park away from the school. Walking that little bit extra has big benefits for everyone.
- Shoes need to be black, without any coloured stripes or patterns.
- If any contact info has changed (mobile/email), do let the office know!
- Please remember that the playground is a non-cycling and non-scootering zone! This applies for infants and juniors.
See you tomorrow!